Monday, August 27, 2012

Why I Fight the War on Women Part 11 Billionity and 1

It seems that a week doesn't go by that somebody doesn't say some stupid fucking shit about women and their right to choose.  This week's winner is Tom Smith, GOP candidate for Senator in the great state of Pennsylvania.  (Side note, what the fuck is up with Pennsylvania? Between this fucktard and Penn State, I swear these people need to be carpet bombed. Aside from the fact that the Angry Black Lady, Imani Gandy comes from Philly, I'd say there isn't one damned sane person from the state.) 

Anyway back  to this weeks douchecanoe, Tom Smith had this to say at the Pennsylvania Press Club when "condemning" Todd Akin's comments.  First he said Akin was wrong about the "legitimate" rape comment but he agreed with no abortion in any instance, including instances of rape and incest. It gets better:


MARK SCOLFORO, ASSOCIATED PRESS: How would you tell a daughter or a granddaughter who, God forbid, would be the victim of a rape, to keep the child against her own will? Do you have a way to explain that? 


SMITH: I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose they way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape. 


SCOLFORO: Similar how? 


SMITH: Uh, having a baby out of wedlock. 


SCOLFORO: That’s similar to rape? 


SMITH: No, no, no, but… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.


So glad that's all cleared up.  What a dumb fucking thing to say.  Since I'm a father of two daughters, I can put myself in "a father's position' for this one.


First off, if my girls have sex and get pregnant out of wedlock I won't bat an eye.  My wife and I have raised and will continue to raise them to make good choices.  If they make a choice we don't agree with, that doesn't make it a bad choice, it makes it their choice.  We will love and respect them and will support them no matter how their lives turn out. 


Secondly, if they get pregnant and choose an abortion for any reason, we'll support that choice.  It's their choice, that's what these Teabillie idiots completely want to do away with. They can't stand the fact that women are equal to men and should be treated as such in all ways.  


They can't stand the fact that women won't simply look pretty and shut up.  They really can't stand that the black guy in the Oval Office believes that women are equal.  In their minds President Obama is an amalgamation of 'where da white wimmen at?' and 'mind if we dance wif yo dates?"  They hate him that badly. Correction, they hate his skin color that badly. 


These stupid neanderthal motherfuckers like Akin and Smith don't represent the fringe of the GOP.  Banning abortion is in their goddamned Party Platform. Don't let the jobs stuff blind you. They want to take away women's choice once and for all.  


Finally my 'father's position' if my girls get raped?  I'm gonna go with a mashup of Liam Neeson's characters in Taken and The Grey,  I'll call it "I'm Gonna Find That Fucker and Kill Him" .


No comments:

Post a Comment