Sunday, August 19, 2012

Why I Fight the War on Women part 11 billionity

A while back I posted a bit about why I fight the War on Women that is being waged by the GOP and the Teabillie idiots.   I wrote about here and here.  I love my daughters and my wife and this shit has got to stop.

Today in what can be called the DUMBEST FUCKING THING EVER UTTERED by a politician, Representative Todd Akin (R-Doucherocket Teabag) of Missouri had this to say about abortion in the case of rape:

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV in an interview posted Sunday. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” Akin said that even in the worst-case scenario — when the supposed natural protections against unwanted pregnancy fail — abortion should still not be a legal option for the rape victim. “Let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work, or something,” Akin said. “I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

Let that sink in for one fucking second before you remember that newly minted Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan believes essentially the same thing.  In fact Ryan goes even further because he sponsored the Personhood Amendment in the house.  He also helped author the "forcible rape" language that was later dropped in the Planned Parenthood funding flap.   Ryan believes in no abortion. Period. Not in the case of rape, incest, health of the mother, non-viable fetus, NOT IN ONE FUCKING INSTANCE does Paul Ryan, Vice Presidential candidate of a major political party believe that abortion should occur.  As if to add insult to rape, he also believes in no birth control.

The GOP has a long tradition of believing that government should mind its own business with regards to what individuals do.  Unfortunately this has never been the case if that individual is a woman.  The assault on women's choice, women's pay and even women's fucking healthcare has become overwhelming since 2010.

I for one will not stand idly by while people like Representative Akin and Vice Presidential Candidate Ryan lead the assault on the basic freedoms that should be enjoyed by all women.

Fortunately we all have "a way to shut the whole thing (in this case the GOP) down"  We vote for Democrats from dog catcher to the goddamned White House.  My wife and daughters mean everything to me and they deserve no less.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with 99% of what you say here, Pat, but not being a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat myself, I disagree that the only thing we can do is vote for Democrats. There are other third-parties as well, from Greens on the left side of the sphere to Libertarians on the right, who support women's rights. Whatever our political differences, though, one thing is for damned sure: voting for the GOP is simply not an option, period. And also, Akin is a fucking fascist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your "why I fight" entries. I don't have children, but I do have kids. The young men and women in the classrooms where I taught and on the teams that I coached, they're why I fight. Keep up the good work, QCP. Good to have you on our side. :)

    - Marj

    ReplyDelete