Tuesday, October 23, 2012

War on Women: Your 'God' sucks ass

Disclaimer: I grew up Catholic. I went to Catholic high school. I was the Valedictorian with the first perfect GPA in the history of Mater Dei High School in Clinton IA.  I attended and graduated from St. Ambrose University a Catholic University. I minored in English, majored in Psychology, History and yes Theology.  So I kinda know about things related to 'God'.

All that being said, Republicans? Your 'God' can kiss my fat white ass.

Here's the thing.  Every time the subject of rape comes up some dumbfuck GOP candidate invokes 'God'.  The latest in the long line of socially awkward, dark ages lovin' woman haters is Indiana GOP candidate for for United States Senate, Richard Mourdock.  Also no surprise that he's described as Tea Party backed.

In the final debate of the the three candidates for Senate he stated that the only abortion exception he agrees with is life of the mother.  He stated that in the cases of rape:

"The only exception I have to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother," said Mourdock, the Tea Party-backed state treasurer. "I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Hey you stupid fucking shit, NOTHING FROM RAPE IS A GIFT! Period. If the 'God' you so lovingly adore actually existed, he or she would probably smite the mother fucking rapist before the rape to prevent the tragedy of rape and (pardon the phrase), god forbid, the tragedy of a rape pregnancy.

The tea party half wits and their anti woman agenda must be stopped.  Men like Mourdock have been trying to keep women second class citizens forever.  They couch their misogyny in pretty language about "God's Plan" and other faux piety.

The fact is if you're a woman, and you are thinking about voting for  these assholes because you share their 'godly values' you're sadly misinformed.

The teabilly's understanding of 'God' is informed by centuries of penis-centric woman hating theology.  Barefoot and pregnant, home in time to cook dinner... you know the way 'God' planned it.  Fact: Women have been shunned by religion since 100 AD when women who had been functioning as priests were banned from the priesthood by the leaders of the church. (Father Dunn, I actually listened in class).

If you're taken in by that pile of unmitigated bullshit I've got nothing for you.

What I do have is an unyielding commitment to make sure that my daughters grow up in a world that abhors rape. A world that supports their right to choose.  A world in which they are treated as complete equals to men.  A world in which they people aren't stupid enough to call a baby conceived of rape, a gift.

If your 'God' thinks rape and rape babies are a gift, your God fucking sucks.




No comments:

Post a Comment